Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Walkin' in a Sandy Jungle"

Oh, the steps we are all having to take to juggle our lives at the moment. Kind of like Walkin' in a Sandy Jungle... you've got to pivot your soul. Much like walking on a sandy beach where you actually have to physicalize pivoting your sole, literally. I think it was Bob Dylan who sang "..... swim with the fishies or sink like a stone". Now it is more true than ever. Multi tasking, switching gears. You can do it! You are a star chamber, always remember your goals, let them flow and always know you can do it. There will always be natural instability. After all, you are only a mortal..... so there are times when you've got to pivot your soul. Now, wait a minute... when I say pivot I mean sensor your plans and lose all demands on yourself..... don't let it get you. Do something fun. Maybe go out to a club and let it get in your blood.... your personal secret weapon.

Yes, yes..... as a musical fitness recording artist who is a mom of 3 kids and has lost 100 pounds, I practice what I preach. I start most days with a walk or a run. Even if I do nothing else, I simply pop on my head phones right at my computer as I write and walk in place as I do so. Certainly checking emails to see what maneuvering I will have to do to get out of the way of that day's problem. Ah yes, much like walking in the streets here in NYC is much like Walkin' in a Sandy Jungle... you got to pivot your soul... or sole, if you will, to avoid the pot holes... crowds.... construction overhead.

Well... take a break from it all. Take a deep breath and do something good for you! Try it! Pop on those headphones and check out this song from me to you. At a tempo of 92 beats per minute, you can walk in place slowly or double it up to get a quick beat and boost of energy as you keep on with your day Walkin' in your own Sandy Jungle!


Stay well and always remember to....

Never Stop Movin'!

M

Click here for my song "Walkin' In a Sandy Jungle"

Fitness music by MARINA

No comments: