Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hard Working moms... Fragile!... aren't we?

Being a 50 year old working mother of three children now aged 15, 17 & 22, I remember all too well the conflict of going back to work after my first son was born in 1986. Oh my! I was never at peace. When I was home I felt I was slacking with my work responsibilities and when I was at work I missed my baby boy. I have learned as the years have moved on that we women are certainly the stronger sex. We have the ability to juggle it all. Home... work... family... oh yes... and look fabulous all at the same time.
My advice is to give yourself a break. There is nothing wrong with your feelings no matter how crazy you feel at times. I have found that some of the best kids have been raised by working moms. Women who maintain a career also maintain a strong sense of self. This can enable a woman to bring a more logical approach into parenting especially as a child gets older and matures. The woman who has spent time outside the home and deals with the real world on a day to day basis may be better prepared to catch the left hooks that may be thrown at us. Parenting is never a fairy tail. I love a line I heard in the film Parenting."...Life is messy" ... ha, ha...LOL... ain't it the truth.
As a fitness singer songwriter and someone who has maintained a 100 pound weight loss, I also find that a daily workout is a great way to clear your mind. Try this... sit up straight... inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth... drop those shoulders... relax your neck and take a minute to stretch. At a tempo of 90 beats per minute here is a song I wrote/sung called "Fragile". Aren't we all? Yes... but oh how strong we ladies and moms can be!

http://www.marinaonline.com/BlogMP3/090-BPM-Fragile.mp3

Enjoy and as always...

Never Stop Movin'!

M

No comments: