Friday, January 16, 2009

Jealousy? ... "Don't ya let it get ya!"

Jealousy?..."don't ya let it get ya nothing's gonna trip ya and drive you away. Don't ya let it get ya, I'm gonna bet ya, listen when I say that you'll be ok! It's a fact you know where it's at, take a look right inside your heart. Now is the time to get up and shine just give it the perfect start."
These are actually lyrics to a cardio fitness song I wrote that I am giving you today. It is located on a link at the bottom of this blog. Click on it. At a tempo of 162 beats per minute it is bound to give you that extra push no matter what type of cardio you are doing. Walk... run... do elliptical... or simply bop in place right at your computer.
Have you committed to yourself this year to work on a better you! Yes? Well then... have you experienced that sometimes those around you have a habit of holding you back not wanting to be reminded of their own bad habits? Misery loves company! Oh yeah! Enabling. Yes I admit it. I usually eat with gusto around other people who have a food addiction. When things are not going well for me, it is easier to be around others that are also experiencing some difficulties in their own lives.
Why? Jealousy! eeek! Guilty as charged. What is it in us that reacts so violently when we see someone who is pulling their act together when we are not ready to do so ourselves? Not a politically correct thing to say, I know. However, in my 50 years of being on this planet I have seen it over and over again. Why, for example, when we commit to staying motivated on a healthy eating and fitness plan, do we have those friends that tempt us with..."Oh, come on... have a piece of cake... one little piece... it's not everyday"... or... the... "Come out to dinner, you can workout tomorrow". The one I hear the most is... "Honey.... you look fine, you're not fat" ... when you know quite well that the pair of pants that were always comfortable are now cutting off your circulation.
Well...."don't ya let it get ya... I'm gonna bet ya, nothing's going to trip ya and drive you away!"
I believe in you. I believe that no matter what you are going for that you can stay motivated. Don't let the "no" sayers and non-believers interfere with the better you. Don't let the dark song of jealousy in them sing out and ruin your vision of whatever dream or goal you are working towards. Grab and hold on tight and go for it! Start right now!
Click on the link below and do something good for your health. Pop on the song and let it fill you with energy! I am sure it will give you that extra motivation. Enjoy... and as always...
Never Stop Movin'!

http://www.marinaonline.com/BlogMP3/162-BPM-DontYaLetItGetYa.mp3

No comments: