Friday, January 30, 2009

Open your heart... "Heaven" spins around you!

At a time in our country when so many people are experiencing problems economically, the desire to reach out to spiritual alternatives is growing greater and stronger everyday. Even people like myself who are not particularly religious have been grasping for something to make sense out of this difficult time in our culture. I envy those folks who are able to tap into their own religious beliefs and bring themselves a feeling of comfort.
I recently saw the movie "Doubt" which brought up all types of questions in my own mind. God?... is one there?... is there indeed corruption within our clergy? In addition to that film, could that image of a Rabbi caught on camera by a television news camera where he was posing as a 13 year old on a social network to meet other teenagers actually be happening? Now... these are not the reasons for my personal questions regarding the reality of religion for me… however... it certainly has helped to perpetuate my own "doubt".
Being a mom of three who has lost 100 pounds preaching musical health and vocalizing my opinions to the health & fitness communities... Oh… how I would like to believe. The peace that I see on faces of children and families on Sunday mornings as they leave church all scrubbed and clean in their Sunday best. The memories I have as a young child sitting next to my father in temple during the Jewish holidays. Women in those dark suites complete with pocket books and gloves with their pursed lips and private grin. The sounds of choral voices from both sectors that I have had the opportunity to sing with through out my own life as a singer. The music. I love the music... but to be a believer?... that is something different.
For this reason I have written the song called "Heaven" at 132 beats per minute. Upon writing this song... I popped on my Ipod headphones and walked through the streets of New York City with the car horns and thousands of people spinning around me... but they made not a sound. All I could here was the merger of choral voices streamed together with a trance like dance beat which every one of my foot steps walked to. The music wrapping around me like a blanket. What a feeling! Please... make me a believer!
Take a listen... try it...no matter what you believe... move your body to experience Musical Health.
No matter what you are choosing... walking... running... spinning... etc... inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth... heal your mind and body with this song from me to you.
Open your heart... Heaven spins around you!

Stay well…

...and as always... in body and spirit...

Never Stop Movin'!

M

http://www.marinaonline.com/BlogMP3/132-BPM-Heaven.mp3

No comments: