Monday, January 12, 2009

"Lack of success can kill the Sound of Music"

So here it is another day "up and at em'! " Swing the bat! That is one of my favorite expressions. Always fills me with new found hope and desire to continue. Always fills me with more reasons for getting my butt whipped with the coming of a new day. Out with the old and in with the new. Oh, don't worry. I will come up with a multiple group of cliche expressions that will cover the fact that I am about to embark on yet another day of possible rejection. Another day of that assistant telling me "no" for whatever it is that he/she does not even hold the power to say "yes" for in the end.
That's OK! For here I go. Getting out of bed...coffee cup in hand. Pop open the email. Anything happening? any opportunities waiting? Well...nothing for now. So, here I continue on my daily adventure. Finish coffee...strap on those sneakers and pick the aerobic activity for the day. Running? walking" rebounding?...mmmm which to choose? Do I have the energy. Oh come on...you know the energy will come once the body starts moving. Never Stop movin'....my own slogan words repeat in my head like a musical mantra...never Stop movin', never Stop movin'. Ipod in hand I search for the playlist that will move me the most. The songs that can lift my spirit and rekindle my voice as I go into my recording studio to create the words that hopefully will motivate others to move.
Here the question. Can lack of success kill the sound of music? Can lack of personal gain kill the ability to get into our own head of escape and self passion long enough to stay entertained and motivate to us to pursue our musical cardio activity. Can we do it long enough to burn those potentially harmful calories from the past few days of eating and drinking. For with disappointment often comes the urge to drink that extra glass of wine, eat that extra bowl of ice cream and stay on that couch longer than you thought physically possible. Waking up in the same position you were in 7 hours ago still with dirty bowl of that lingering ice cream next to you with the sweet taste in your mouth now turned into a sticky lip morning ooze that grosses you out.
Can lack of success kill the sound of music? Can you bare the idea of another day swinging the bat? Sure you can! I do believe that you can! For given another day of opportunity we my forge ahead. This is why I write the songs that motivate people as well as myself to move everyday and in turn this has you helping me hear the music. This is my personal success. This is my goal. Now and forever.....hearing the sound of music!

Fitness music by MARINA

No comments: